Spring Literary Festival 2012

by Sybrina

I did not have the opportunity to post while attending the festival so I will be posting a blog on each author/poet as I am able to write them this weekend. With that being said, when I accepted the invitation to go to Athens and attend the Spring Literary Festival with Hayley Haugen and several of my classmates, I had no idea what a literary festival was. I pictured students out on the beautiful green lawn reading poetry and short stories, music and food, and of course, famous authors. Instead, I was treated to once-in-a-lifetime advice and instruction from five talented, published artists. I call them artists because that is what they are, except their medium is language and not paint or charcoal. I was transformed in their presence and in awe of their ability to make me feel happy, sad, afraid, expectant, and hilarity, all within two hour sessions. Each one of them moved and inspired me in an entirely different way. I now see the world through a writer’s eyes, a poet’s eyes. 

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Welcome

This blog looks best when viewed in Internet Explorer.

The Bloggers

This blog is co-created by past and present members of the Ohio University Southern Literature Club; past and present editors of Envoi, our campus literary magazine; and other OUS students who enjoy reading and writing. It is a space for us to informally report on all things literary and to share creative writing efforts. Stay awhile, and feel free to comment and join in the conversation.



Followers

    Visitors


Recent Comments